| How to Stage Your Dining Room
This room is often neglected when it comes to presentation but it is absolutely worth some attention if you’re serious about your sale.
A dining room needs to be presented as a “Dining Room” – not a half home office, where you occasionally eat.
Set the stage
Your goal here is to make the room look like it’s used regularly. Do this by setting the table as if you were going to host a dinner party. If you feel this is going over the top, just dress the table with a tablecloth and maybe a bowl of fruit or a vase of flowers in the middle.
- Depending on your chairs you may want to use chair slipcovers in a neutral shade over tired chairs.
- Always use nice good quality table linen
- A display of your best crockery and glassware in cabinets or on a sideboard
- Ensure he lights are turned on foe any showing – Light is always better than darkness
- Create more mood with soft lighting and/or candles.
- If feasible – install dimmer switches
Like the living room, your dining room is a ‘lifestyle’ room. Your goal here is to show buyer’s something aspirational that they can see themselves entertaining their friends in.
Disclaimer: Although all care is taken. We do not give any warranty whatsoever to the accuracy of any content.
This is not meant to be financial or professional advice and is only of general nature. You must seek professional advice before taking any actions. The above information comes with no warranties whatsoever. We take no responsibility for any actions you may or may not take. All content is of general nature only and is NOT to be taken as advice whatsoever
0421 323 699
Throughout the years, I’ve earned a reputation for being one of the best consultants in the Norwood area. The interests of my clients are always my first priority, and I go above and beyond to make sure they get the results they need.